If you ask me what my favorite tea is, Feminine Balance would be my answer. It is amazing for hormone balancing and doubles as a fertility tea. This is based on a formula given to me a few years ago by my herbalist at the time, Sarah Powell from Lilith’s Apothecary. Using this tea, some additional tinctures and food, I was able to balance my hormones and get pregnant with my 4th baby.
Since using this tea myself, I’ve been providing it to friends, family and clients with great results. If used properlyand daily it really helps harmonize the body and brings balance to stressed hormones. Sometimes, this is just what is needed relax and enhance fertility.
Even if you’re not trying to get pregnant, this tea is perfect for stress, bad periods, PCOS, and other hormone related symptoms. It helps nourish the body at a cellular level and really get things balanced out.
Here are the herbs in Feminine Balance Tea and what they do for the body:
- Alfalfa – promotes estrogen
- Red Clover Leaf and Blossoms – promotes estrogen
- Raspberry Leaf – uterine tonic
- Nettle – bioavailable nutrients, including calcium and magnesium
- Yarrow – uterine tonic
- Oatstraw – nourishing
- Fennel Seed – carminative (good for digestion); aromatic
- Rose Petals – lift spirits
- Lemon Balm* – lifts spirits, carminative
- Orange Peel – catalyst herb; carminative
- Hibiscus Flowers – vitamin C, flavorful and aromatic
- Peppermint or Spearmint, or both – aids digestion, uplifting
- Vitex – helps balance hormones
*Leave out lemon balm if on thyroid medication.
Combine 1 cup of each herb in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Store in a quart mason jar with lid out of direct sunlight.
- 1 tsp dry herbs (use 2 TBS herbs if using a quart ball jar) per cup of hot water.
- Cover and let steep for at least 20 minutes and up to 8 hours for a more potent infusion.
- Sweeten as desired, preferably with raw honey or stevia.
- Drink up to a quart warm or at room temperature throughout the day.
For best results, make sure to drink a quart every day. It really gives you an energy boost and helps with mood levels, anxiety, balancing, nourishment and so many other wonderful things. Not to be taken during pregnancy.